Saturday, February 18, 2012

Rest of the post... Yesterday and Today 2/17 and 2/18th 2012

Yesterday we had a tasty lunch, as well as a very cute lunch:
Homemade chicken nuggets, sauce, and cinnamon apples

He did this then asked me to take a picture over and over again.
He also kept saying 'awh' while doing so.


 But better yet, We made it out of the apartment!
These two are so cute together
 Having the snow show up actually made it the warmest it's been since we arrived. Maddix LOVED how much snow there was, so we took a walk. We walked across the street to Travis' classmates' apt to pick them up for Kohsi's Bday dinner.
group pointing at the birthday boy
Is Maddix not the CUTEST poser for a picture?!
Where Lublin is a poor part of Poland, how much do you think our three entire meals, and four beverages, oh and a tip cost us?
Maddix had some Russian Ravioli's that were so big!
Garlic Chicken on broccoli, mushrooms, tomatoes, and potatoes
While Travis had two ENTIRE Pork legs sitting on potatoes
It cost us just under $30 us dollars... that was including the tip. LOVED IT. The only downside was the Polish timing... have I mentioned the Polish timing around here? Slow, slow, slow. We were there for three hours. It was 10:30pm by the time we got the check and Maddix was done being the perfect baby he had been being all night. Thankfully they had a kids corner. We spent a lot of time there:
coloring time while waiting for our food
Being good in the dirty kids corner waiting for the check
Finally we left and went looking for a taxi. Creepiest part: Okay, it's snowing really hard, it's late, Taxi's wont pick up on this side of the town gate and what is sitting at the other end of the gate? What is that ominous flute sound reaching my ears? Oh, it's a random cloaked figure sitting in the darkest part of the tunnel playing an eerie song on their flute; we went the other way for obvious reasons
Just outside the restaurant
 (The cloaked figure) Straight from a movie, I swear
Then there was today. TODAY I MADE A FRIEND. There is another American couple here on business, the Potter's (i've mentioned them). And the wife, Lacey, asked me out for the day. I was in pure bliss. Maddix and I left travis studying while we went with Lacey to the mall, to the Real for groceries, and then to a little german pastries shop called Lydals. Maddix was exhausted with the day and fell asleep in my arms after crying through the entire grocery store and when he woke up I still needed a nap. So Travis took some shots with the camera while I accidentally fell asleep on the couch
Already trying to walk in Daddy's shoes
Maddix kept driving his cars all over my side like a mountain
I LOVE this picture because it is EXACTLY how it is. I can be exhausted from the day and he is still running 100mph.. you can see why i'm exhausted right? And Travis says all I do is "sit at home eating 'bon bons' all day" ;). Well this non- bon bon eating wife woke up from her brief unconsciousness and set to work on dinner:
Tomato Bisque, celery, and bread
Well that was the day in a nutshell and I'm really looking forward to tomorrow being Sunday. I will get to meet the ward, as well as have Travis home, not studying, and completely focused on Maddix and I. YEAHH!

2 comments:

  1. You guys are just so amazing! And I'm so glad you've made a friend, and with your same name!? It's meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha seriously! It's even spelled the same

    ReplyDelete